Renesas Starter Kit+ for SH7203
Device Part No. populated on the board: R5S72030W200FP (SH7203)
The Renesas Starter Kit+ for SH7203 has been developed speed up code development and reduce time to market.
An Renesas Starter Kit+, as the name suggests, is a complete development kit for Renesas microcontrollers.
Layout and Specification
The LCD display module is supplied as a detachable sub-board. The board dimensions are 180 mm by 150 mm, detailed dimensions are available in the user manual.
|On-board Memory||Flash Memory (S29GL032A11TFIR23): 4 MB|
|SDRAM (K4S281632I-UC75): 16 MB|
|Input Clock||Main: 16.6675 MHz|
|Sub: 32.768 kHz|
|SSI: 24.576 MHz|
|USB: 48 MHz|
|Potentiometer||Single-turn, 10 kΩ|
|LED||Power indicator: green x 1|
|User: green x 1, orange x 1, red x 2|
|Switch||Reset x 1|
|User x 3|
|DIP Switch||10-pole x 4|
|DC Power Jack||8 V to 15 V Input: Jumpers SEL_5VA and SEL_5VB Fitted (Default setting)|
|5 V Input: Jumpers SEL_5VA and SEL_5VB Removed|
|E10A-USB Connector||Without AUD Function: 14-pin box header|
|With AUD Function: 36-pin, Mini-D Ribbon Connector, Right angle|
|RS232 Serial Connector||9-pin DSUB|
|SSI Connector||2.54 mm pitch, 5-pin, Right angle|
|LCD Display Connector||14-pin socket|
|LCD Panel Connector||Hitachi 2.2" QVGA TFT: 0.3mm pitch, 39-pin (J4)|
|Generic LCD: 2.54 mm pitch, 40-pin (J14)|
|RCAN-TL1 Connector||2.54 mm pitch, 3-pin x 2 (CAN Bus line x 2, Ground x 1)|
|USB Connector||Host: USB-A|
|Application Board Interface||2.54 mm pitch, 26-pin x 2 (JA1, JA2), 24-pin x 2 (JA5, JA6)|
|BUS Interface||2.54 mm pitch, 50-pin (JA3)|
* AUD: Advanced User Debugger
* RCAN-TL1: Renesas CAN Time Trigger Level 1
* SSI: Serial Sound Interface
* The potentiometer is fitted to offer an easy way of supplying a variable analog input to the controller. It does not necessarily reflect the accuracy of the controllers ADC. Please see the device manual for details.
Manufacturer Name: PIHER INTERNATIONAL CORPORATION
Part Number: N6R (6 mm RoHS reflowable potentiometer)
- CPU Board
- Detachable LCD Display Module
- Detachable AD Adjustment Shaft
- USB Host & Function Connection
- SMSC Ethernet Interface
- Hitachi 2.2” QVGA TFT Display
- E10A-USB for Starter Kit
- Connection Cable (USB Cable, User Interface Cable)
- 128 MB USB FLASH Memory Stick
- Ethernet cross-wired cable
- Multi region 12 V power supply
- Quick Start Guide
- Documents: User Manual, Tutorial and more
- IDE: High-performance Embedded Workshop
- C/C++ Compiler: C/C++ Compiler Package for SuperH Family Evaluation Version
- Debugger: E10A-USB Emulator Debugger
- E10A-USB for Starter Kit is a special emulator for only Renesas Starter Kit+ products.
- The C/C++ Compiler Package for SuperH Family Evaluation Version does not come with technical support services. In addition, the C/C++ Compiler Package for SuperH Family Evaluation Version has some restrictions compared to the Product Version.
Trial period: 60 days
The link size will be limited to 256 KB after 60 days
PC System Requirements
- IBM PC/AT or compatible PC (USB interface necessary) *1
- Intel Pentium III 600 MHz or higher *3
- Memory 128 MB or higher
- Microsoft Windows 2000/XP *2
*1: IBM and PC/AT are registered trademarks of International Business Machines Corporation of the U.S.
*2: MS, MS-DOS and Windows are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation of the U.S.
*3: Pentium is a trademark of Intel Corporation of the U.S.
If you encounter problems concerning the bundled debugger (E10A-USB), please contact http://www.renesas.com/contact/.
When contacting us, please have the following information ready:
your name, company name, department name, fax number, MCU part number (ex. MCU: R5S72030W200FP), tool part number, version of debugger and a brief description of the problem.
C/C++ Compiler Package for SuperH Family Evaluation Version and Flash Development Toolkit Evaluation Version do not come with technical support services.
This product can be purchased through the normal sales channels.
|Product Name||Debugger |
|Part Number |
|Renesas Starter Kit+ for SH7203||E10A||R0K572030S000BE||Available|
uCLinux SH7203 Board Support Package
Due to the very high level of peripheral integration on the SH7203 it is imperative that an operating system is used for most embedded designs.
Because of this Renesas have in conjunction with our Platinum Alliance Partner MPC Data ported uCLinux to the Renesas Starter Kit+ for SH7203.
The BSP includes the following items.
- Drivers for most on chip peripherals
- USB Host mass storage class application
- USB device mass storage class application
- Ethernet driver (LAN9118 type)
- TCP/IP stack an file system (included in uCLinux)
- Boa HTTP web server
- All peripheral and uCLinux source code
At power up the uCLinux application will start and display a range of high definition bitmap pictures stored in FLASH on the TFT display. Remote control of the Renesas Starter Kit+ can then be achieved using the embedded web server and a standard PC browser.
Both USB Function and Host capabilities can be tested using the supplied USB FLASH memory stick.
Further application support on SH7203 uCLinux can be negotiated with our Platinum Alliance Partner MPC Data (www.shlinux.com/).