Function of Renesas VP has improved. For details, please click here.
Renesas VP stands for “Renesas Virtual Power Lab.” and is a site for performing simulations of the power MOSFET operations of synchronous-rectified buck converters. Renesas VP enables you to calculate waveforms of buck converters or losses of power MOSFET in the power supply of a microcontroller or SOC board, such as a POL power supply, and so on.
This allows you to select the most suitable power MOSFETs when you start to design, and also helps speed up evaluation.
|With Renesas VP, our online MOSFET Design Tool you can... |
- Quickly find the right MOSFETs and interactively get help designing your sync buck converter application.
- Analyze performance, switching behavior and efficiency of your new buck converter design using WebSIM®.
- Evaluate MOSFET's behavior under a variety of operating conditions using our interactive datasheet.
- Download SPICE models of our power MOSFETs.
- Download your sync buck converter schematic together with our free offline Renesas VP simulation package based on WebSIM® Connect!™.
- Download the bill of materials (BOM) in Excel format.
- Generate and print a comprehensive design summary.
|List of products for which performance simulation and SPICE model download is currently supported|
|DrMOS Performance Analyzer ||Buck Designer ||Active Datasheet|
|DrMOS offers superior performance over discrete MOSFET solutions |
|The Buck Designer allows a user to generate a buck design based on user inputs and evaluate performance before building an evalution board. ||Provides graphical charts and essential information for selected MOSFETs |
| || |
- Improved Efficiency
- Faster Switching
- Greater Power Density
- Ease of Design
- Thermal Analysis
- Recommends MOSFETs for design inputs
- Efficieny Estimates
- Reverse Output Characteristics
- Typical Output Characteristics
- Dynamic Input Characteristics
- Transfer Characteristic
- Switching Test (Pulse testing supported)
- Capacitance Test
- RDSon Test
- Renesas VP stands for “Renesas Virtual Power Lab.” and is a site for performing simulations of the power MOSFET operations of synchronous-rectified buck converters.
- Renesas VP enables you to calculate waveforms of buck converters or losses of power MOSFET in the power supply of a microcontroller or SOC board, such as a POL power supply, and so on.
- My Renesas account is required in order to use Renesas VP. Please create an account if you don't already have one. on your subscription page, please confirm that that the Premium Service "Renesas VP" has been checked (it is checked by default for new accounts.)
- This site consists of two sections. One is ACTIVE DATASHEET, for simulating the chanracteristics of a power MOSFET itself, and the other one is BUCK DESIGNER, for simulating the operation of buck converters in a model circuit.
- Simulated graphs are shown in a viewer with common functions that allow you to scale, move and read a value by its marker. Please refer to the help in a viewer for further information.
- The target products are mainly the 10th-generation power MOSFETs and later. The selection of products will be expanded by adding newly-developed products.
- The latest product status of every Power MOSFETs can be checked on the Renesas website.
- Although simulation results have been confirmed to match observed results on our test boards, depending on your implementation conditions you may not get the same results. Therefore please check compatibility with your board by adjusting setup conditions or parameters of a model circuit. This will help you to check which parameters work for the characteristics you are interested in.
- Please use SWITCHING CIRCUIT for simulating a switching part only in view of detailed parameters such as the parasitic impedance of a board to check the switching waveform. Use SYSTEM SCHEMATIC for simulating the whole circuit, although detailed parameters are omitted, to check loop gains.
- The downloadable offline simulation tool performs all its original functions when a circuit schematic downloaded from this site is combined with Renesas power MOSFETs. Please note that it does not function correctly for other combinations using circuit schematics or power MOSFETs from another manufacturer.
- If there is no action for over half an hour during simulation, the system will time-out..
- The specifications in this system are subject to change without notice.